Football Clubs – Hampden Park, Dundee United, Newcastle United, Everton, Aberdeen and Brighton & Hove Albion – put their best foot forward (pun intended) at The Stadium Experience Awards 2017. The awards focus on clubs’ off-the-pitch successes, recognising the achievements of the catering, conference and events teams, and hosted in the newly expanded Anfield, home of Liverpool Football Club.
Winning an outstanding total of 8 awards (out of 10 categories!), a huge congratulations is due. Sodexo could not be prouder of their partnerships with Hampden Park, Dundee United, Newcastle United, Everton, Aberdeen and Brighton & Hove Albion and are thrilled to have the efforts and dedication of their catering, conference and events teams recognised. A big well done to all!
The award wins are as follows:
- Hampden Park Stadium – WINNER – Overall Matchday Hospitality Award
- Hampden Park Stadium – Gold – Matchday Hospitality Award – Large Stadium
- Dundee United FC – Bronze – Matchday Hospitality Award – Small Stadium
- Newcastle United FC – Gold – Directors Choice Award
- Everton FC – Gold – Chef Team of the Year Award
- Hampden Park Stadium – Bronze – Chef Team of the Year Award
- Aberdeen FC – Gold – Non-Matchday Mystery Shopper Award
- Brighton & Hove Albion FC – Gold – Media Choice Award
Discover more about events and hospitality at our award winning football stadia here.
Following on from this fantastic news, Sodexo has also secured a new three-year contract with Aberdeen Football Club. This contract builds on a 23-year relationship between Sodexo and the club. Indeed, Aberdeen FC was Sodexo’s first stadia client in the UK and Ireland.
The club have ‘pitched’ a £5.7m extension that will see Sodexo continue to provide catering services on match days: operating the café and public retail units and all hospitality, conference and banqueting events.
With so many recent, winning developments in the world of football-catering, the presence of Sodexo Prestige Venue & Events within the sector is going from strength to strength as we aim to ‘match’ the clubs’ sporting excellence with our service excellence.
Learn more about the developments at Aberdeen FC’s Pittodrie Stadium here.